Flaxseed, banana, mint and coconut smoothie is the easiest way to get half of your daily omega 3 and a quarter of your fibre intake. Delicious and quickly prepared. Would you think of combining these ingredients? I grew a lot of mint this summer and experimenting with it led to surprisingly tasty drink.
Portions: 1 Preparation time: 5 min
- 1 medium banana (126 g)
- 2 table spoons of activated flax seeds (leave them in the water in the fridge overnight)
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- 1 small tea spoon of cinnamon
- glass of coconut drink/milk (300 ml)*
* I use Koko Dairy Free Original Drink because it contains a bit of grapefruit juice which goes well with mint. I am not sure if you get the same flavour using other brands but you can add a little bit of lemon or grapefruit juice instead.
*I have not received any commission for promoting the brand. The suggestion is made solely based on my personal experience.
Tip: If you do not like mint you can add small beetroot instead! It tastes really delicious!
Mix all ingredients in the blender and find a nice cup to pour it in.
Calories and nutrient content per 1 portion (426g)
- 268 kcal calories
- 41 g carbohydrate
- 8 g protein
- 12 g fat
- 8 g fibre
Flaxseed, banana, mint and coconut smoothie is high in vitamins and minerals
From coconut drink:
- 45% of daily vitamin D (2.25 ug)
- 45% of daily vitamin B12 (1.14 ug)
- 45% of daily calcium (360 mg)
- 50% of daily total omega 3 fatty acids (0.32 g)
- 8% of daily iron
- 14% of daily magnesium
- 18% of daily manganese
- 10% of daily magnesium
- 9% of daily potassium